Saturday 8 October 2011

Gold Coast Paradise

Hi All

Please forgive us for being so tardy with the final bits of the blog.

The truth is I intended to load all the holiday photos onto my computer from 3 different cameras then edit out the duds and title the remaining photos, then post them against each relevant blog posting.

Well after 3 weeks home all I've got to finish is loading them onto my computer, I will make every effort to finish the job over the next two weeks and then let you all know it's done.

Anyway we arrived in Brisbane from Fiji and got a speedy shuttle from Brisbane airport to my son Bryce and his girlfriend Hayley's place at Tallebudgera on the Gold Coast. Whilst I'm not new to the Gold Coast previously trips have been just driving through on the way to somewhere else or visiting the Gold Coast CitySearch office 12 years ago, I have to say the area where they are living is very special so I'm not surprised Bryce intends to make that area his home for the foreseen future.

The whole area around where they live is so great including Burleigh Heads and Currumbin especially, the beaches are just spectacular, when I post the photos you'll see what I mean.

I was able to meet many of his good friends and co-workers and also see his group "Barefoot Friday" play a few numbers at a local Surf Life Saving Club. Now I have faces to go with the names, it helps us old folk!

We had a very special and enjoyable time with them both including a trip to the nearby lovely Northern New South Wales town of Byron Bay. Thanks again Bryce & Hayley for a super time together.

Of course Bryce beat me at golf but he won't be so lucky at our next encounter, that's assuming I do actually get to play golf 3 times a week, my membership application is in at our local private gold club so it should happen!

I'm going to pass this blog posting over to Tessa to finish off, so until the final posting with all the photos, bye from me.

Thanks to all that helped us on the trip with accomadation, it was very much apprieciated and even better to catch up with friends.

Athough glad to be home, I wouldn't have missed the trip for the world, Iv'e seen some fantastic things and memories I will have forever. I feel very lucky to have been able to do it all.
Cheers to you all from Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment